Prior to selecting Game Over as my song, there were several others that I considered thoroughly, creating a playlist for possible songs to use on my phone and deciding by process of elimination from over 3000 songs which ones I had ideas for, including Game Over itself. My serious considerations are as follows:
Falling In Reverse-Game Over
Deaf Havana-Happiness
Mariana's Trench-Stutter
Five Finger Death Punch-Wash It All Away
Twin Atlantic-Be A Kid
Hollywood Undead-Nobody's Watching
Hollywood Undead-Another Way Out
Deaf Havana-Boston Square
All-American Rejects-Why Worry
Deaf Havana-Anemophobia Part 2
Nothing More-Christ Copyright
Go Radio-Forever My Father
Go Radio-Hear Me Out
The Earl Grey-House of A Thousand Souls
Deaf Havana-Drive All Night
Beartooth-Sick of Me
I singled out these songs because I felt as though I had good music video ideas for each of them, that I could feasibly create with the resources I have. Here are the ideas I have for each of the aforementioned songs:
Go Radio-Hear Me Out
The Earl Grey-House of A Thousand Souls
Deaf Havana-Drive All Night
Beartooth-Sick of Me
I singled out these songs because I felt as though I had good music video ideas for each of them, that I could feasibly create with the resources I have. Here are the ideas I have for each of the aforementioned songs:
Deaf Havana-Happiness
Wash It All Away by the familiar Five Finger Death Punch was the song that came the closest to being created, as I felt as though the idea would be the most fun and unique in its creation. However in the end I wasn't able to gather the resources needed, and the shots didn't turn out as I imagined at all.
This song has no official music video, which is good as it now means that my production would not be compared to a triple-A counterpart made by one of the conglomerates (specifically Universal Music, as Five Finger Death Punch are signed to them.)
The music video I would make from this song would be a very serious, gritty production that stated my opinion on the current political landscape, current world affairs and the overflow of mainstream media bias. This would go very well with both the song's lyrics and genre.
The second track I considered is a very different one with a very different music video idea attached to it. That song is Game Over by Falling in Reverse.
This song is much more upbeat, and less serious. I feel as though a music video fitting for this song would be an equally lighthearted one.
This song has no official music video, it does however already have a fan tribute music video created for it, so I would be compared to a production by a dedicated fan video YouTube channel. But the video I would make would be very different from the fan production, and follow a completely different narrative. The only thing it would have in common would be the use of animations with video game conventions, so I feel as though this won't be a problem.
For reference, here is the fan video:
No comments:
Post a Comment