Monday, 19 September 2016

Previous Editing Software Experience



                       Previous Editing Software Experience

                                                            Video:



Script:

So about six months ago, just prior to taking my AS Media exam, I purchased an editing software package, by the name of Adobe Elements 14. I had become familiar with using photo editing software, Adobe Photoshop, in order to complete my AS coursework,  and I knew that I would also have to become proficient with video editing software in order to create my music video in the second year. I felt as though buying this bundle would allow me to get a head start, as I wouldn’t be restricted by having to use only the Wyke computers that have Premiere installed to complete work on my music video and drafts.

So after owning the software for a few months and getting used to all of the features, I realised that it had more than enough of what the Pro version has for me to work with it easily and proficiently. All of the basics, tonnes of effects and ways to edit, options to add multiple audio tracks, volume adjustments, clip opacity, black and white, colour effects, freeze frame and so much more. But what got me thinking was this-the voice option. At this point I’d used the software only for recreational purposes, hobbies, such as Dragon Ball AMVs, [Show Ashes of Eden snippet] and ‘Best-Of’ compilations of some of my favourite YouTubers [Show AlChestBreach Compilation snippet]. But I realised then that not only could I use this software to give me a one-up on knowing what to do when it comes to editing my music video in the future, but I could use it to really make my coursework stand out.

Most people, when it comes to their coursework, just present everything in a Prezi, including me initially. And while that is definitely an effective way of presenting the information, it gets more than a little tedious after creating so many of them for each individual aspect of your blog. I feel as though presenting my ideas, analysis, information etc in the form of a video is a much more effective way of presenting my work, and if I do it right it should be much more…entertaining. And if I remember right, the second year coursework, or at least certain aspects of it, “should be entertaining” which is what I attempted, and hopefully succeeded in doing here.

And not only is this method different, it allows me to talk without running the risk of turning into a human sub-woofer, as I can edit the voice-over to my liking, meaning no stammer interruptions, no unintentional mouth dubstep. I think this was a little less serious than the ones that I’ll be creating for my actual coursework, purely because I wanted it to act as an introduction to the method I plan to use to outlay work on my blog. Future ones will be more informative, and full of useful information, and the scripts created for each of these will be posted alongside their respective videos. But I enjoy comedy and think humour if implemented correctly could really make these videos better, so who knows-maybe I’ll make them just as lax. Besides, why should I be overly serious?

Now, because my coursework is centred around the creation of a music video, I thought it fitting to end these videos with some kind of musical outro. Something short, and relevant to what I’m doing. So I just thought, to show that I’m working the software out the more that I use it, I’d put a snippet of a song at the end of each video, because I feel as though for one it shows initiative to put in extra effort, and that I’m more than familiar with how adobe video editing software works at this point, which is always good, and three, it opens up an opportunity for any viewer to become a fan of what I deem as ‘good’ music.

Most of them will probably be from Rock or Alternative Rock genres, but more specifically…these guys…so if you enjoy any of the songs I play at the end of these, then fantastic, we should hang out or something. Here’s my phone number. [Picture of digits 1-11 in ascending order and text stating that this is not my actual phone number] If you enjoy all of them? Then I’ll give you the money for the crate of an alcoholic beverage of your choice that you pick up on your way to this address. [Picture humorous and obviously fake house address with text stating that this is not my actual address] Come on down, we’ll play some Battlefield 1 or something. [Show clip of Battlefield 1 Behemoth getting murked and stuck on a plane, and going absolutely bats**t in the sky]

So now the only thing left to do is decide on a suitable outro song. I mean, if you’re going to be watching every single one of these videos, then it doesn’t really matter what song choices I make, because you’ll be listening to them all anyway, and you can pretty much guarantee at least one of them is going to get Stuck In Your Head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Video (Draft 2)

Here is a version of my music video prior to me adding all of the video game effects into the scenes.